Wednesday, February 4, 2009

State News

For the past couple of years Gov. Jon Corzine raised the standards for state wide tests and curriculum's. Recently, the results of those tests and the report cards of many schools were unbelievable. Teachers, parents, students, and critics were shocked to see that the passing percentages abated. The shocking news was not only in our county but state-wide throughout New Jersey. Although the parents and critics were shocked, many state officials were not. They were aware that the demand for high achievement was high, but they changed it so we could be ready for what awaits us in college. Lately, I have noticed a change in our classes curriculum. For social studies for instance, we started a interactive notebook and a text book that we carry with us. I like this better than last year because last year I found myself confused and having to search my folder for papers we went over in class. I believe the new curriculum is harder but it hopefully will prepare me for next year.

for more information: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/02/tough_new_state_tests_spur_hig.html